Thursday, June 16, 2005

Our house, is a very, very, very Czech house.

The last couple weeks have seen me living a jet-set life of cheese, beer, English teaching, and public transport. Fortunately, I've got them all fairly well figured out. Cheese is good fried, beer is good large, English teaching is good when it's spontaneous, and public transport is good all of the time, but only, only, only with a proper ticket.

Yesterday, I paid the commission on a flat. Jess, an Australian expat who really wants to work in Prague, but can't be bothered to actually apply for a job, Thomas, a French immigrant who stays out late every night and sucks down the juice (occasionally he mixes apple with grape, the crazy fool!), and I are moving in to a 3 bedroom place (with a loft--I feel like I'm in Friends or something) tomorrow. Really, the place is spectacular. It's in Prague 6, the nicest part of Prague, with a (small) view of the castle and a (large) view of the highrises on the hill. But the highrises are just far enough away to make them look quaint. It's got a nice balcony, a fully modern kitchen, and we're converting part of the loft into a little tea room.

In other news, I'm off to Poland next week for a visit. Regent (the school where Emily and I are going to start work in September) wants me to come up and check the place out. After what will be a month exclusively within the corporation limits of Prague, it will be nice to do a bit of traveling, even if I will have to go a week without fried cheese... Or maybe they fry cheese in Poland as well... Different kinds perhaps.... Mmmmm.....

No comments: